Last weekend I did the statue walk on a foggy, cloudy Saturday and it lasted for 2.5 hours as opposed to the 1.5 in the card. Well I walk slow and I take pictures of other things when I find them interesting. This weekend, with the sun out and the wind blowing, I completed the sculpture walk for almost the same time as the previous even though I took the tram on the way to some sculptures. Do you know why? I got lost. I have no map reading skills.
Here are the 11 sculptures in the minicard with their corresponding information and pictures.
- Brunnen (The well) Mandana Moghaddam
Address: Brunnsparken (Near: Sodra Hamngatan)
Unfortunately I could not find this in Brunnsparken anymore. Maybe it is no longer there or I was looking at the wrong place.
- Järntorgsbrunnen (The Five Continents) created by Tore Strindberg (1927)
Address: Järntorget (Near: Olof Palmes Plats)
- Masterna. See at night! (The Masts) Erling Torkelsen (1971)
Address: Masthuggstorget (Near: Andra Långgatan)
- Ägget (The Egg) Egon Möller-Nielsen (1951)
Address: Kungsparken (Near: Nya Allen/Vasaplatsen)
- Torgny Segerstedtmonumentet (Obelisk – 1955)
Address: Vasaplatsen (Near Storgatan)
- Non-Violence. Carl Fredrik Reuterswård
- Incantatio. Roland Boren (1992)
Address: South/West from Götaplatsen & Museum of Art
- SilverBåge (Silver bow) Pål Svensson (2001)
Address: Svenska Mässan (Near: Skånegatan)
- Mut (M-ooo-t) Roland Anderson (1993)
Address: Burgårdens utbildningscentrum (Near: Scandinavium)
- Kulan i luften (The ball in the air) Jan Wickelgren (1983)
Address: In front of Nya Ullevi (Stadium)
- RymdConfetti (Space Confetti) Pia Hedström (2000)
Address: Dämmeplatsen (Just over the bridge)