I found these mini cards in the hotel with short, precise information about the tourist spots in Gothenburg and I think it’s a great idea to have them hanging in hotels. Some of the cards offers discounts to city activities as well so it is perfect for tourists. I have 2 favorite mini cards, one is the statue walk and the other is the sculpture walk. Each walk is estimated to be completed in 1.5 hours if you follow the map. Today, I dragged my husband to do the statue walk and my plan was to take the trams to make it fast and easy but my husband refused to. ‘No cheating, we walk because it is a statue walk for a reason’, he said. I walk slow and stop a lot to take other pictures, so after 2.5 hours we were done, an hour more than it it supposed to. It is not entirely spring weather in Sweden yet so it was cloudy and foggy during the walk. The good thing though is I can skip the layers of clothes and use a thinner coat, it is not freezing outside anymore.
So here it is, the famous statues in Gothenburg.
- Gustav II Adolf’s Statue. Bengt Erland Fogelberg (1854).
Address: Gustaf Adolf’s Torg (On the Square)
- Skärgårdsfiskare (The Fishers) Svenrobert Lundquist (2003/04).
Address: Fisktorget vid Feskekörka (at the “Fish Church”)
- Karl IX:s Ryttarstaty (Horse Statue) John Börjeson (1904).
- John Ericsson Statue. Ingel Fallstedt (1899).
Address: At the northern end of Kungsportsavenyn (between Nya Allen and Parkgatan)
- Karin Boye Statue. Peter Linde (1987).
Address: In front of the City Library (Stadsbiblioteket)
- Poseidon med brunnskar. Carl Miles (1931)
Address: At Götaplatsen
- Danserskorna (The Dancers). Carl Miles (1952)
Address: Göteborg’s Konsthall (the Art Gallery)
- Vingarna (The Wings), Carl Miles (1916/1940)
Address: At the Göteborg’s Art Museum on Götaplatsen
- När Vänskapsbanden knytes (Friendship). Wälino Aaltonen (1955)
Address: Näckrosdammen (The pond)
- Ingo – the Champ. Peter Linde (2011)
Address: In front of the arena Nya Ullevi
- Gunnar Gren Statue. Jan Steen (1993)
Address: In front of the arena Gamla Ullevi
- Evert Taube Statue. Eino Hanski (1996)
Address: Jussi Björlings Plats next to the Opera